If your organization uses large amounts of chlorine or sulfur dioxide – in a water treatment plant or for any other purpose – you know that despite its benefits, chlorine gas is highly toxic and must be stored and handled with the utmost care.
ChlorTainer Offers the Safest Technology for Chlorine Processing and Leak Mitigation
For the safety of water treatment plants and other facilities, ChlorTainer is the best way to store and process chlorine gas. It is a simple secondary containment vessel that can even be installed indoors, or even located in an open-air structure as long as it provides shelter from direct sunlight and rain.
ChlorTainer’s compact, sealed, secondary containment vessel provides the ultimate in chlorine gas safety. Industry experts widely recognize ChlorTainer as the safest technology for chlorine processing and leak mitigation.
Benefits of the ChlorTainer Total Containment System
- Is built to ASME code and can easily withstand the maximum pressure produced by a failed chlorine cylinder.
- Contains within itself any accidental release from the cylinder, once the cylinder is sealed inside the ChlorTainer. Any accidental release inside a ChlorTainer is cycled back into process through the vacuum regulator – just like chlorine gas flowing normally from a properly functioning cylinder – at the normal flow rate. All the chlorine gas is processed. None is lost or wasted. And no hazardous waste is created.
- Ends the need to handle chlorine in a confined space and eliminates HazMat occupancy classification for indoor sites, so operators enjoy a safer environment and don’t need to work in an enclosed room, as they must with wet or dry scrubber technology.
- Makes loading of chlorine cylinders simple and easy. The cylinder is placed on the loader system and then easily rolled into the secondary containment vessel. The vacuum regulator is affixed to the top of the ChlorTainer, so a simple yoked connection to the cylinder valve is all that’s needed. The ChlorTainer is then sealed so processing can begin.
- Makes possible easy, low-cost operation and minimal maintenance because the system is so simple and dependable. No back-up power, additional fans, pumps, tanks, mechanical devices or caustic chemicals are needed. Less equipment means few repairs and easy maintenance.
- Requires little or no additional construction because ChlorTainer’s loader systems usually fit into an existing facility, which typically minimizes construction, engineering and installation costs. TGO Technologies staff is available to help with layout design.
- Restricts unauthorized access to chlorine gas cylinders, greatly reducing the likelihood of either malicious or accidental tampering with the cylinder supply valves, which further enhances chlorine safety.
- Ensures that all chlorine gas remains contained in the sealed ChlorTainer even if a power loss occurs, thanks to a nitrogen-powered (rather than electrically powered) fail-safe actuator that automatically shuts the chlorine supply valve if power is lost. The chlorine supply remains shut down until it is safe to resume normal operation. An automatically resetting seismic detection device can also be connected to this system.
- Offers true seismic safety and protection because total containment is a passive approach to safety that needs no pumps, wet or dry scrubbers, fans, caustic solution or back-up emergency power to protect the plant, the environment or the operators.
- Protects nearby electronic, electrical or other sensitive equipment even if a cylinder inside should fail, because the sealed ChlorTainer contains the chlorine gas and safeguards its surroundings.
- Can incorporate additional security features such as heavy-duty door locks with admission-tracking memory.
- Works not only to provide chlorine gas safety and containment, but also sulfur dioxide and anhydrous ammonia safety and containment.